12 February, 2011

More snow

For the record, Punxatawney Phil's predictions do not apply to Sweden. Maybe that's a no-brainer, but I was really, really hoping that winter was nearly over.

But it came back--we had a giant snow storm start on Thursday afternoon (I wore suede flats to work in the morning...it was a miserable trek home in a half a foot of snow that evening!) Friday, public transportation was an absolute disaster. They canceled all the buses in the city, the tunnelbana was only running through the center, and there were no cabs. Taxi Stockholm was quoting more than an hour wait! I had real snow boots on, but I still had to walk to Moderna Museet from the central station, which is not a short distance.

I am just sick of winter...



2 comments:

  1. I just love the winter. I am happy it is back but it may be because this is only the second real winter I had since I was born :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter months in Sweden are usually considered to be December, January and February and there is still a week more of February...

    ReplyDelete