09 January, 2010

Back to the land of ja's and toilet seats

Happy to be home in Stockholm, though I think we are both missing Italian pastries just a little. Okay, more than a little. We ate nothing but sugar and dough or cheese and dough for an entire week, and it was heaven. The paticceria San Gregorio in Milan was a favorite. We went to the grocery store today to fill our fridge back up, and both managed to screw up and say "Si, grazie" instead of "Ja, tack" to the check-out ladies.

But more than wanting pastries, I am happy to be in a country with a toilet in every bathroom, and a seat atop each toilet (where did they all go in Italy?!? There was evidence that these toilets once HAD seats!)

The art and architecture was amazing, the food and {cheap} wine was wonderful, the sun was AWESOME. Here are a few pictures from the trip (minus pictures of porcelain holes in the ground.) You can click the slideshow to make them bigger.

1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous! I am a bit jealous cause you had no fog and way more sun than I did when I was in Venice. I think we may even have some of the same pics! :)

    Glad you both had a lovely time. :D

    ReplyDelete